What can you expect from Kendama Senses in the coming months?
- June/July - Kendama made accessible for beginners in NL/BE
- July/August - SWS (Senses Weekly Sesh) - We're coming to a city near you!
- August/September - Creating value for existing players
1. Kendama accessible to beginners
Kendama seems like it has a fairly steep learning curve, for most people that don't receive guidance. For many people new to Kendama, it helps to convey some of your perspective to the person so that the other person can put it into context. Without guidance, Kendama is not easy for many to get started.
Jordi has this to say about this issue:
"When I started playing, in 2016, Kendama was much more in its infancy. It was the moment when groundbreaking innovations emerged in how the Kendama was shaped and the tricks done with it. Now it's normal for a Kendama, for example, to have large cups, among many other improvements. But not much has changed in the Netherlands when people buy their first Kendama, because the places in the Netherlands where Kendama's are offered online have not kept up with the developments of the scene. The only improvement of quality in sales has been the emergence of KROM among Dutch webshops. In addition, the current points of sale have not offered a way to help the player move forward. So now is the time to change this.."
Kendama Senses wants to do the following things to change this:
- Offer a starterpack with the right products and information
- Provide guidance on how to get started
- Giving the community multiple places to send people interested in Kendama, such as:
- Starter package - For the person who likes to get off to a good start
- Free Kendama - For those interested to try it
- I already have a Kendama - For the people who already have a Kendama but want to know more
2. Kendama : SWS (Senses Weekly Session)
In July and August there will be a weekly session in a different city. The list of dates will be published this month (June). Do you want to be sure that you do not miss this data? Then sign up for the newsletter at the bottom of this page.
Playing Kendama together is the best. Meet new people, connect, learn new tricks and be inspired by other players. But what also helps to make Kendama more fun is knowing that there are more people in your area who also play Kendama. The plan is to bring players together and have a good time together!
The following cities are planned:
- Eindhoven (Are you a player from Eindhoven? Please contact us!!)
- Nijmegen (Are you a player from Nijmegen? Please contact us!!)
3. Add value for current players
After we build a way to help novice players, we'll focus on finding ways to make this community's life even better. Think informational videos for advanced players, events, challenges and more choice in the Kendamas you buy, such as the weight.
Do you have ideas or feedback? We would like to hear it! See you soon